Website Privacy and Legal Information
At NK Motors Limited we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account, and to provide products and services you have requested from us. We will never sell your data on to third parties. Under the General Data Protection Regulations, which is law from May 2018, we are required to inform you as to the lawful basis under which we process your personal data.
References to you implies the person whose personal information we collect, use and process. This includes anyone who visits our websites, contacts us in relation with the purchase of a vehicles and/or goods or services we provide, or otherwise interacts with us (e.g. contact enquiry form).
References to our website implies any website owned and operated by or on behalf of NK Motors Limited.
Your personal information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 up to the 24th May 2018 and going forward, the EU General Data Protection Regulations (collectively referenced as the Data Protection Legislation) and other applicable law and regulation.
Who are NK Motors?
We are a family owned business and have been in operation for over 35 years.
We now have sites within the Nottingham and Derby area and employ in the region of 100 members of staff. As the UK’s leading Kia dealer we’re able to offer you, our valued customers, a range of new vehicles that rank with any in the world for choice, quality and value. The unique Kia 7 Year Warranty provides additional reassurance leading to complete peace of mind with every new Kia purchase – but there’s more! Housed alongside the new Kia range in our state of the art Derby showroom is our NK Sports and Prestige centre to provide you with additional quality and choice when you’re looking for something really special. A constantly changing stock of Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Audi, BMW and many other quality marques are on show.
Located at our Chilwell site we also have a state of the art kitemark approved accident repair centre. At NK Motors we really can cater for all your motoring needs.
Information we may collect
Information we may collect about you includes your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email and phone numbers), vehicle details, purchase history and data collected as part of any finance application or payment. This information is referred to as personal information.
Several different methods by which we may collect your personal information include:
- Information collected through forms completed both in our dealerships or on our Website.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive one of our vehicles.
- When you enquire or purchase goods/services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and process your purchase.
- Information of transactions you have processed with us including services and purchases of vehicles and other goods.
- CCTV footage of yourself on our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communication between us including emails, text messages, letters and recorded phone calls.
- Records of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address and the resources that you access.
- Your marketing preferences
- We also gather information to enable third parties to carry our credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will have and process information about the result of those checks to complete your purchase.
- We will collect information relevant to the insurance products that we sell that are provided by third parties.
Processing personal information
We use your personal information in relation to our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your query regarding the possible purchase of goods or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract between you and us including the purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to query from you regarding those such contract.
- To manage and administer the re lationship between you and us.
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us.
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
- To provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
Our lawful basis for processing personal data
At NK Motors we may lawfully process your personal data under one of three options:
- Art. 6 (1) (a) Consent: In circumstances where you have provided us with a freely given, informed and specific choice to allow NK Motors to process your data, consent will be the lawful basis under which we process your data.
- Art. 6 (1) (b) Contract: If you have entered or are in the process of entering into a contract with NK Motors, your personal data may be processed if it is necessary for performance of the contract or is in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Art. 6 (1) (f) Legitimate interest: If you have completed or negotiated a sale with NK Motors, you may have your personal data processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by NK Motors or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
- To balance your fundamental rights and freedoms with NK Motors commercial interests, you will be informed that you may receive marketing communications for similar products and services at the point enquiry or purchase and will be given the ability to opt-out of further processing at any subsequent point in the relationship by visiting www.nkmotors.com/opt-out. You may also call one of NK Motors dealerships or contact our Data Protection Officer who will complete the on line opt-out for you.
Sharing personal data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- To third parties that provide services to us such as marketing activities.
- To external organisations for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and criminal activities.
- To third party finance companies for the purposes of them providing you with finance. These organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- To third party providers of insurance products if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicles and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
- We may contact you as advised by our suppliers (a full listing can be found via the link at the foot of this notice) to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle and any policies are maintained, and the replacement of your vehicle and car care related products.
We will register your vehicle keeper details and will cross check your data with DVLA to ensure accurate and timely communications can be made.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have several rights available to you in respect of your personal information. These are the rights to:
- Request copies of your data.
- Rectification of your data.
- Erasure of your data.
- Object to us or restrict the processing of your data.
- Where our systems allow, give electronic access to copies of your data in a digital format.
Except as required by law, we will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose for which you have not given us your consent or have requested to no longer be communicated to on a legitimate interest basis. If you object or ask to restrict the processing of your data, you agree that despite this we may continue to use the personal information previously provided to us to the extent that we are contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have, for example a finance agreement.
To learn more or to exercise any of these rights you can contact our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are provided at the bottom of this page.
Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
What this policy covers
Slavery and Human Trafficking remains a hidden blight on our global society. We all have a responsibility to be alert to the risks, however small, in our business and in the wider supply chain.
The Company is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and taking reasonable steps to ensure slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in any business or organisation that has any sort of a business relationship with our Company.
Due diligence processes for slavery and human trafficking
The Company has zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors to comply with our values.
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk the Company has in place systems to encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle-blowers.
Our supply chain providers are always with a UK provider and we expect these entities to have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes.
The management team are responsible for compliance within their respective departments and in their supplier relationships and have been trained accordingly.
All employees receive an induction into the business where our policies, procedures and expectations are outlined.
Our effectiveness in combating slavery and human trafficking
The Company uses the following key performance indicators to measure how effective we have been to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains:
- Use of labour monitoring, right to work documentation and payroll audits
- We maintain a level of communication and personal contact with the next link in the supply chain to ensure their understanding of, and compliance with, our expectations.
- We regularly review supply chain policies, codes of conduct and our working practices to show commitment.
This statement is made in accordance with section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes the Company's slavery and human trafficking statement.
Reporting suspicions of slavery
Employees can report any suspicions of slavery either through the Company's Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblowing) policy or externally to the Modern Slavery Helpline. Details are set out below:
We retain your personal information for seven years from the point of purchasing a vehicle from us, or two years from the point of last communication. We take steps to ensure any business we work with has security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely. The security of your data is paramount. Documentation can be supplied on request from our Data Protection Officer, details of whom can be found below.
NK Motors reserves the right to update or amend this data privacy notice in line with customer feedback or updates in legislation and it will be published at www.nkmotors.com.
A full listing of our manufacturers and nominated suppliers, who we may share information with, together with the various sources (e.g. service plan and vehicle health check data) can be found at the foot of this notice.
Data Protection Officer
Name: Mark White
Address: 2 Orient Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8BY
If we are unable to resolve any issues you raise within 30 days you have you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office @ https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
Suppliers we may share your information with can be found here.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to NK Motors, or otherwise used by NK Motors as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from NK Motors or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
NK Motors reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. NK Motors Limited reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘IS AVAILABLE’ basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will NK Motors be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying NK Motors are proprietary marks of NK Motors. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. NK Motors does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
NK Motors does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of NK Motors and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and tested at all stages of production, but – as with all new software – we still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the software. NK Motors Limited cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing any software on a networked computer.
Aggregated Site Usage Statistics
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential Site Features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
Complimentary Site Features
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
NK Motors reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.